Homemade: Jalapeño Poppers
Updated: Sep 19, 2021
Like my tomatoes... pepper season is slowly winding down.
I have a handful of Jalapeños ready, picked and awaiting their delicious fate! In my house, it's sports season and that means football Sundays are back. Looking for a fun game day snack this weekend or just a spicy snack in general?
Jalapeño Poppers are just the thing to spice up your day.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15-20 mins Yield: 20 poppers
10 Jalapeño Peppers
3/4 cup of Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup of Sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 cup of Panko
1 tbsp of Butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and membranes. It doesn't have to be perfect, and if there is some seeds leftover that's okay.
3. In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, garlic powder and cheddar cheese. Mix until consistent throughout.
4. Melt butter in microwave for 20 seconds. Add Panko crumbs and melted butter into a mixing bowl, separate from the cream cheese mixture.
5. Fill jalapeños with the cheese mixture and them pat the jalapeños into the Panko crumbs individually.
6. Lay them skin side down on a baking sheet evenly and bake 18-22 minutes or until golden.
7. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving!